Information on using Web Map Services (WMS)
The maps listed below are provided as a Web Map Service (WMS). A WMS allows direct access to the geodata of these maps. More information about WMS can be found on the following internet sites:
Currently we provide the following map services (German Language only):
- Geothermal installations (connected with attribute data)
- Areas with possible hydrothermal use
Metadata for this service are available at https://www.geotis.de/vgs_wms.php.
- Map A - areas with proven hydrothermal potential
- Map B - areas with assumed hydrothermal potential
- Map C - areas with petrothermal potential
- Map D - compilation of the maps A-C
- CCS - possible conflicts with CO2 storage
Metadata for this service are available at https://www.geotis.de/wms_atlas.php.
Even if the adress of a WMS looks like a normal internet adress (URL), it is not intended for use in a browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.). To visualize a WMS, you need a compatible program:
- Google Earth, ESRI ArcGIS Explorer, etc.,
- Internet mapping application with WMS-Importer.
The product list of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) shows the currently registered WMS programs.